A convenient and fully functional catering kitchen is available for our caterers and guests to use and assist you in making your event a big success.

We always recommend University Catering as a preferred caterer for any functions held on University property.

Alcohol is allowed during events where food is served.  All alcohol must be provided and served by Iowa Memorial Union Catering.

When serving alcohol you will need to provide a Certificate of lnsurance for no less than $1,000,000 in Commercial General Liability insurance naming the State of Iowa; Board of Regents, State of Iowa; and the University of Iowa as additional insured, retaining severability of insured. You must agree to waive any right of subrogation against the University of Iowa; State of Iowa; and Board of Regents, State of Iowa for any claim paid by your liability insurance required herein. Additional insured should be listed as below.

The University of Iowa;
Board of Regents, State of lowa;
and the State of Iowa
c/o Risk Management
305 Plaza Centre One
Iowa City, IA 52242

If you have problems getting a one day policy through your insurance, you may purchase one through the University’s Risk Management office. Please contact the Hall of Fame for alcohol inquiries. Guests may request a caterer of their choice or call for a list of caterers we have worked with in the past.